Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 AM
BarbaraSue

Default Is this something I should consider, or forget about?

"Louise" recently came to visit "Thelma", and we all agreed she was a good fit for the group. "Louise" is a 1948 Singer 128-23=godzilla, sewing machine. She has a vibrating shuttle, and will be complete when my next package arrives. She is 3/4 size machine, but weighs a ton ( sorry Louise), and has her Bentwood case.
Her wiring is hideous, and likely is the original, so I have not plugged her in. all the parts move freely and togehter the best I can see. She has a potted motor on the back, and a light that is added to the motor, both could be removed.
I am considering making her a hand crank machine. In so doing I will have to replace her wheel to be able to add the crank. This is where I am second guessing the idea. Is this feasible, or just an absolutely stupid idea?
Is there any other changes that I am not thinking of that would also have to be done to make her a hand crank.

Why a hand crank? Becuase I want one!!! I don't need another straight stitch only ,electric machine.
So, Ladies if you have thoughts or suggestions, warnings or cheers, please let me know.

Here are pics for you to see "Louise". thanks to you all for looking.
Attached Thumbnails godzilla001.jpg   godzilla002.jpg