Old 01-22-2012, 11:10 AM
marla

gmkfit, Hve you and your family go through the ones they want to keep, then donate the rest to a charity. There are many who lost their home to fire and could use these. Check with your Red Cross chapter as they could give them out when they see a fire victim.
Red Cross chapters do not have many funds and now they are giving out debit cards that a family would then have to pay for that blanket. (They use to give out comfort kits but some chapters don't do this anymore.)
If you cut these up, they will unravel into a mess.
Originally Posted by gmkfit View Post
My Mom has recently passed after a long illness. I was in her home in CT looking through the upstairs closet and found bags of crocheted blankets. I knew during the times she felt well she would crochet blankets for futute use, but had no idea of how many there were. I can envision making pillows?? or incorporating them into a quilt?? I have never seen anything like it but know somewhere out there one of you may be able to help me bring something together. The challange is cutting the crocheted items!!! without them ravelling into nothing. Help! I can envision a quilt block with the blanket square in the middle. Any ideas?