Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Originally Posted by NDQuilts View Post
Re signature swap- the mother list does a swap yearly and the rules are on the DearJane page. Might help to see their framework and adapt it to this lists needs. I'd be interested with enough notice to fit construction into my schedule. I will make mine into a seperate top. Since I am handquilting, I do not want lots of seams on the front and back of a DJ.
NDQuilts - although I really really like the idea of regular size blocks, I would much rather have more participation - ideally everyone - than finished blocks. I also think the undertaking of making many many - say 100 blocks - would be both time-consuming and expensive. As much as I think a quilt made of everyone's signature blocks would be awesome, I'm not sure the expectation is realistic - since I would not expect us to start this now, we can get an interest list for both going - or even mix it up a bit - that is if people want full blocks, we can exchange a mixture of both methods & those wanting full size blocks can add to the smaller rectangles to make those blocks complete. If I had a final list of 25 who were willing to make full-size blocks and 75 who only wanted to make rectangle with info on it, those wanting the full blocks would make 25blocks + 75rectangles and I would distribute them the way they came - everyone making the blocks would receive 25blk + 75 rect and those making rectangles would receive 100 rectangles only.

Exchanging this way - everyone could finish off their own quilts the way they want to - those wanting a piano key border on front or back could easily do so.
Gus