View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:31 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default flannel quilt I am working on

Here is one of the projects I am currently working on. This quilt is almost entirely flannel. The only fabric that isn't is the green fish fabric and the brown fishing lure that are in the 2nd to the last border, just inside the pieced fish. Other than those two everything else is flannel. The center is a flannel panel I picked up at empire quiltfest. I built the quilt around it "round robin" style by designing borders to frame it. I designed the pine tree blocks myself but got the idea for them from the jeweled forest blocks that were being posted here a lot around November. I saw those and thought, those would be easy enough to design for PP so I did. LOL. The pieced fish blocks are from a very old (like close to 20 years) Debbie Mumm pattern book. I have one more border to go on this and the top will be done. My final border is also a flannel and is the blue fish fabric pictured. I am still waffling on corner stones in the final border to break it up. I will definitely put them in, I just have to decide on a block design. I plan on piecing a flannel back for this also.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03235.jpg   dsc03232.jpg   dsc03229.jpg