Old 01-22-2012, 04:18 PM
3NorwichTerr

Default My apologies

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr View Post
Wanted to share with you all my recent reminder that it is dangerous to jump to conclusions and also that we should give folks the benefit of the doubt. I was waiting in line for a hot chocolate and there were a number of people ahead of me. The man directly in front of me was texting on his phone. When it came his turn to order the gal behind the counter asked if she could help him and he didn't respond at all. She asked a second time, but he continued texting and didn't respond. Obviously a little miffed she looked and me and asked if she could help me. While she was waiting on me, the man looked up at me and I just kind of smiled and shrugged my shoulders. The other gal behind the counter asked him if she could help him and he proceed to point and sign his order, obviously deaf. I suppose it could be argued that he shouldn't have been texting in line, but then I think what a blessing cell phones that text must be to deaf people.
I was behind reading and didn't see Lori's note about posting off-topic. So sorry.

Deby