Old 01-22-2012, 04:36 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
When I had the Pfaff GQ, I used the frame to pin for FMQ on my other machines...hated using the Pfaff, so would pin on the frame and then pull it off and use another machine!
Geeze, Charlee why did you hate the Pfaff? I have a Pfaff Hobby 1200 Grand Quilter, but not on any table. I have to use this machine on the dinning room table. I love that machine to FM with - at least before I got into vintage and started using my 15-88 treadle! The Grand Quilter has a full 9" harp space! What did you not like? I have a Handy Quilter (HQ 16) on a 10' foot table that I long arm with. The Pfaff never did have a table. I was going to sell it when I got into vintage, but I just can't bring myself to do that. I have quilted some very large - biggest one was 110x120 - quilts with the Pfaff - so I just can't sell it. I may go back to using it one day!

Nancy

You know if it wasn't for the fact that I do very large quilts as a rule, I'd get rid of the HQ 16 because that baby takes up so much space! That machine and table use one whole wall in my sewing room, plus it sticks out from wall 50 or so inches! There is a lot to be said for quilting on the dinning room table!

Last edited by BoJangles; 01-22-2012 at 04:43 PM.