Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 PM
leiladylei54

I think regarding the re-gifting issue....and it's my interpretation of what Lori said....it's the "quality" of the item...not the monetary value or such. To receive an item that is gently used such as patterns, magazines, rulers, etc. is fine. But the "quality" issue is when the item is given that's dusty, dirty, tattered, stained or broken making the receiver feel like their swap partner didn't feel like their partner was important enough to warrant a decent re-gifted item. And also, when an item is handmade for a partner, I would prefer to not see it on later in the same month or in next month's swap. Making something for my swap partner is me saying, "I thought about you and I give you a part of my heart." Regardless, I'm sure most of us adhere to the rules of the $10 amount and a good portion of us go over and above (which is our choice) but it's the "quality" is what the issue is....at least it would be for me as well as being thanked for the extra mile I've gone to make something.