Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
caroline s--i have a red tabby, too, but we've always called them marmalade cats for orange or ginger marmalade. mine is named tiger, so you can see what they were thinking at the rescue! hahaha. he's a very sweet boy, as has been every red/orange/dunn tabby i've ever known and has just out grown his 2-3 yr sillies and is now quite adult. i can tell he was abused still by his once in a while startled reaction to a movement or sound that our other cat doesn't even blink at. what area of the country are you and he from?(sorry, for a moment i flashed back to a suzanne sugarbaker joke). i grew up in new england primarily. tiger is from philly. i'm lousy at getting pictures, always say i will and almost never do because i'm really good at blurry. but i will try to remember to enclose one before this thread is done--that gives me plenty of time-right!? i think it would be fun if each of us, at some point in this trip included pictures of our furry quilt inspectors and assistants. do you?
I live in Spanaway, WA about 40 miles west, as the crow flys, from Mt. Rainier. Tango my cat was born in Daytona, Florida. Three years ago in June my sister ( the really odd one!) appeared unannounced with her dog and a mama cat and two kittens. My sister had been on "Vacation" for two weeks. My husband, who really hates cats, felt so sorry for the mama cat and kittens decided to keep one. That is how Lucky Tango became a member of our household. And she makes a special effort to cuddle and sleep with my husband. Tango rules the three Labradors that live here also. She has so much personality, a really special cat. Oh I should mentions that my dear sister did bring me two 20 pound bags of Florida oranges and grapefruit. But after spending two weeks packed on top of her car they had to go to the compost pile. Such a disappointment for me because I love oranges and grapefruit.

One of Tango's favorite things is to make sure that my quilting projects are well inspected. She also loves to hide and burrow in the battings when I unpackage them.

Last edited by Caroline S; 01-22-2012 at 07:10 PM.