Thread: Worst gift??
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:01 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barbm

anyway- I got the better end of the deal- hubby is the best and laughs about my quilting addiction so how can I complain about his ex and parents? He chose me- he said he couldn't live without me and we'll face whatever together.
I got the pick of the litter too. I accused Pat of deliberately not introducing me to his family until after the wedding. I am pretty sure that had I met them BEFORE, there would not have been a wedding.

My in-laws had a hard time adjusting to my German directness and they always had issues with me being "so outspoken." It's kind of funny since they have no idea how much I actually kept my mouth shut most of the time. I think I was a lot like Barb - I instilled fear just by being. lol

My MIL actually paid me the ultimate compliment a while ago. She said that Pat's success was in great part because he has a wife who supports him. (He is the only one of her 4 children who is still married to wife #1, has a house, has a white collar job, has a BS degree, and is happy with his lot in life) I'm not surprised that she noticed, but I'm surprised she said anything. Three cheers for the outspoken German, eh?