View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:38 AM
oldbalt99

Default Talk about a stressful day.

There was a fire in a second floor room in the house that my house share a wall. I was working on a new qiult top and I heard a lot of raised voices next door, but that was a normal thing for a large family. It wasn't until I heard a woman say my children are out here in their night clothes did I begin to panic and went out side to investigate. My grandson gave me palpations, when he grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran next door into the house to help . Came back out, got the second one and went back in. Of course we were yelling for Devon, and his friend Nelson to come out and leave the fire fighting to the firefighters, that were just around the corner. A few of us neighbors gave what ever to dress the people, and my daughter took the little ones in our house out of the cold. Everyone eventually came out of it okay, I hope. No holes in my bedroom wall so I'm blessed.
My grandson shocked me with his rushing to help, and that he knew where we kept the fire extinguishers. The Red Cross showed up and since I went back to my basement I don't know what they did.
Payday I'm buying another extinguisher, seems they are as necessary as anyone says.
As if that hadn't sent my sugar and blood pressure up, watched the Raven's and New Englad game. We yelled just a loud during the game as we had during the fire. Still to up to sleep, I think I'm going to take a sleeping pill soon, I've got to settle down.
Don't want another day like this one for at least ten years.