View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 05:39 AM
AshleyR

My 14-year old son wanted a record player for Christmas. Luckily, my mom found her old one and a stack of albums for him. He was on a treasure hunt, looking for "good sounds". He's a big Beatles fan and I'm crazy about The Monkees! Good to see I'm not the only one! I was afraid we wouldn't be able to find speakers for his player, but we got a $5 cord at walmart so that he can listen to it through the little "$20 boom box" we got to listen to iPod at the pool! So he can play cassettes, album (33's only; the 45 speed is broken), cd or iPod!

LOL, just wanted to share that story! And say hi to another Monkees fan!

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
It is! When we cleared out my parents home to get it ready to sell, I brought my record albums home to my house. 1960's and 70's era. I told my husband that I wanted to be able to play them so he hit Craigslist and ebay for components and now I am back "in the day" complete with those over sized speakers. So now I enjoy my Monkees, disco, Carole King, etc and get a dance or two in to boot! Brings back great memories and takes me back to a simpler time. LOL!! It's fun.
sandy