View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 AM
DonnaFreak

Default OK, So I'm ALMOST Done!

Howdy y'all :c)

So I re-did my sewing room. When I first set it up, I put in an 8' X 4' conference room table that I had won in a silent auction at work. I thought it would be wonderful to have so much room to spread out my fabric to cut it, and to have room to spread out my quilts while sewing. But as you can see, the table just became a catch-all because it was so big, it didn't allow room for anything for storage. I couldn't even get to my freezer before! I think the "after" is MUCH better!

I have to say, I LOVE Craigslist and the Peddler's Mall! I got my sewing desk off of Craigslist for $35.00, The "ironing table" beside the desk is a TV stand that I got at the Peddler's Mall for $24.00, and I made the ironing board that's on top of it. I put linoleum on the back of it so I can flip it over and lay my cutting mat on top of a more solid surface. The 2 bookshelves were $25.96 each at Wal-Mart. I'm living on a budget, so finding such great prices was a God-send! The first two pictures are "before" pics, and the next three are "after". So whaddya think??? :c)

Donna
Attached Thumbnails sewing-room-before-01.jpg   sewing-room-before-02.jpg   sewing-room-after-01.jpg   sewing-room-after-02.jpg   sewing-room-after-03.jpg