Thread: Accu Quilter
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have the go and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. I have most if not all the dies ( No brainer, easy gifts from hubby for all the holidays)

I love that its portable.. I can pull it out, grab some dies off the shelf and GO cutting. Then when Im done, fold it up and put away back on the bookcase.. I suggest you get back up cutting mats as they are, in my opinion, disposable.. I go thru a mat probably once a month or one every other month but I use my GO a lot... and personally $5-$10 for a mat is not unreasonable for me.. I can justify that $ as it saves me time and less fabric waste.. So buy them when you can find them on sale..

If you buy one, careful the first few cuts on each of your dies. Break them in gently.. use less layers until they are broken in and they become easy to crank thru the machine as too many at once will damage your GO..

My favorite dies are:
Tumbler
Brick
Rags - all of them !
2x2
and ive got the 2.5x2.5 on backorder.. I cannot wait !!

Ive got a few strips but I can rotary sut faster than I can prep the fabrics to go the GO.. its something I havent mastered yet... But other GO users swear by them..

i suggest if you can demo it- you should..

FYI- you going to need a silver sharpie if you buy the GO.. ...