View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM
kellen46

Smile Let me ditto this post.

[QUOTE=DawnFurlong;4897449]I had been researching the same thing. I wasn't overly impressed with the 6600, did have a Viking Sapphire turn my head - but I already have a machine that has over 200 decorative stitches that I never use. I really considered what it was I was needing. For me the answer was a larger harp space and great straight stitch. Juki and Brother owners seem to love their straight stitch machines, by and large. I am going to go with the Brother PQ1500s. I was able to test drive one at a local dealer. However, their price is at least $300 above, depending on if they are running a sale or not, than what I can find online (both Amazon and AllBrands sell this same machine). I have searched the threads and the vast majority of people who have bought from AllBrands are very happy with their purchases and service. I like Amazon, but last I checked, their price was a little higher than AllBrands as well. I am also happy that the machine will be so straight forward, there really isn't a lot to go wrong with it. I anticipate it serving me well for many years! Price online from AllBrands - $599 plus free shipping, no tax.

I too bought this machine from AllBrands. I am very pleased with it. I have a Bernina440 which I love to sew on but wanted a machine with a larger harp to do quilting. It is amazing how much easier those few inches make things. I like the larger harp, the auto thread cutter, and the strong motor. My only issue was the walking foot that came with the machine does not have a place in the back to put a quilt guide. I solved that by getting a Janome high shank walking foot. I even used the Brother to paper piece a spider web quilt. The auto thread cutter saved me lots of time and effort not to mention thread. So if you have a high end machine or don't want one this is a great buy. If I had to do over however I would have spent the extra one-hundred dollars to get the needle adjustment feature. But it is not a big deal. I like the pin feed feature and am planning on using it with some faux leather handbags.