View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 AM
DawnFurlong

Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
I too bought this machine from AllBrands. I am very pleased with it. I have a Bernina440 which I love to sew on but wanted a machine with a larger harp to do quilting. It is amazing how much easier those few inches make things. I like the larger harp, the auto thread cutter, and the strong motor. My only issue was the walking foot that came with the machine does not have a place in the back to put a quilt guide. I solved that by getting a Janome high shank walking foot. I even used the Brother to paper piece a spider web quilt. The auto thread cutter saved me lots of time and effort not to mention thread. So if you have a high end machine or don't want one this is a great buy. If I had to do over however I would have spent the extra one-hundred dollars to get the needle adjustment feature. But it is not a big deal. I like the pin feed feature and am planning on using it with some faux leather handbags.
kellen46 - got a quick question since you have purchased the machine I am planning on purchasing. You mention spending an extra $100 to get the needle adjustment feature. On this same machine? I hadn't seen anything about this - so was wanting more information as I haven't yet purchased the machine. Having the ability to adjust the needle would be nice, but not a deal breaker.