Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Whigrose

How to do a 'Spoiler for xxx (insert your partner's name)'

If you would like to post a photo or ask for suggestions about the quilt you are making for your swap partner, I suggested starting a new thread and title it 'Spoiler_ for (insert your swap partner's name'). I tried to do a 'screen print' shot for a visual but my machine isn't cooperating so you're getting text.

Once on the Quilting Board, select the 'Home' tab, go to 'Community' tab, select ' Group'. It should open up a page that has (among other stuff) a section titled 'Quilt for Quilters Swap 2011'. Look under the photos area for the tab that reads '+ Post New Discussion'. This will open up a new thread for you. Each person who is interested in posting photos or asking questions will have to do this since this is how XXXperson will know to not open this discussion.

Do not post photos in the Group Photo section. This opens up everytime you go to this page. By starting a 'new discussion' and posting your photos in the thread, your partner would only be able to see the pics if they read your entry.

If you are concerned, do a test.

Hope this helps.

best,
d