View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Mad Mimm

I am right there with the rest of you ladies - being utterly repetitive and saying "wow!" over and over again! The blocks are really turning out gorgeous and I am so liking the diversity in fabrics and colors. I like that some of us are mixing it up and some of us are not.

I am still behind (but not worrying haha!) and I used two hours of sewing time yesterday to work on finishing FMQ-ing a baby quilt I promised my nephew about a month ago. His kid is going on 6 months old so I am pretty late and need to get that bashed out before I can really dig into these blocks. I am still going to start my next one and plod along because sometimes I get a few minutes and sometimes I get a longer stretch.

Right about now, I am really wishing I had two machines because it is a pain in the neck to constantly be switching needles, bobbins, settings and threads to go back and forth between piecing the blocks and FMQ'ing. But hey, if this is the only thing I have to complain about, life must be pretty good!

Gorgeous work everyone, Dawn I am looking forward to seeing how your class progresses. Good luck and don't be afraid, I started PPing with block that contained 7 pieces and then went to the Doak star blocks. Take it one piece at a time and don't sweat it, you'll get there and you'll be glad when you see the beautiful stars you will make!