Old 01-23-2012, 02:19 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler View Post
Just wondering if I'm wasting my time. I started a quilt for my son (very simple disappearing 9-patch), and as I go on I'm hating it because the fabric I used (because of all the colors) was cheap. I'm thinking about bailing & just maybe using the blocks I already finished for a small couch throw, and starting a new one with better fabrics.

Anytbody else do this? Am I nuts for wasting my time? I have everything cut out, and probably finished about 3 rows.
I have started many projects, knitting, quilting, crocheting and sewing... if i don't like them, i pkg up with needles (lord knows I have enough to share an occasional knitting needle)... project, scraps, pattern and put in a clear bag so people can see what the yarn AND pattern are.... someone else will love it and if they are shopping at a thrift store (as I have needed to many times in my life), then they just may need a project they couldn't afford otherwise.... if they tear apart and use any other way, fine, if they complete it.... fine.... it isn't sitting in my closet, taking up space and not being used...