View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 05:50 PM
kiffie2413

Hi,
Allow me to jump on the Brother bandwagon!! I have used Singers in the past, and a Janome Memorycraft...recently I bought the Brother PC-420, it sews like a dream, and I love how it has the extras such as knee-lift and thread cutter. That being said, I also bought a Brother PQ-1500, I bought it mainly for fmq, and for quick piecing, as it also has a 9" harp and I can use it on a quilting frame or off. I have not been disappointed by either machine! The PQ-1500 also has a "pin feed" system which also makes straight line or sid quilting so easy, I don't even have to attach the even-feed/walking foot, as the pin feed "scoots" it along...for the price they can't be beat! Lastly, we are all different and of course have differing opinions, and machines we love, isn't it great we can all gather here and talk about it, too?!! I know my dh probably, no make that surely, does get tired of listening to my quilting talk, though he never complains (out loud anyways..lol..). I try and keep it to a minimum, as listening to his fishing, hunting, work shop activities is not exactly fun for me, either...
Take care,
Kif