Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 PM
kay carlson

Default How do you know when to quit sewing for the day?????

I had taken a break from sewing and now am setting up a sewing/quilting area in lower level of our home. My machine, ironing center and rolling chest of drawers is on one end of the family room. So far, I have a 6 foot folding banquet table in the adjacent former bedroom. The table is up on bed risers so I have a sturdy work surface without bending.

One of my ------ UFO's has been pulled out of storage. I've been working on it for three consecutive days, when I have had the time and energy. This has been very enjoyable.

So far, I have straightened things up when I feel my creative juice drying up. Then, I go upstairs to prepare a meal or do something else. What are your signs to quit for the day before you become frustrated?

Tonight, the patches on a quilt had been sewn together. All of the math for the inner and outer borders has been done. I need to do some touch up pressing, but otherwise the center is done.

What really got to me was that the material I had planned to use for the outer border is not appropriate. I don't want to spend any more money and planned to piece the backing with a remnant and some leftover fat quarters. I just feel deflated!!!!

Is this when you walk away and wait for a fresh perspective? Should I have noticed something earlier so that I didn't become discouraged?

Thanks for letting me rattle on......