Thread: Barbie Quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM
sidskid

Default Barbie Quilt

A couple of weeks ago I posted a request for help to find Barbie fabric to make a memory quilt for a six year old girl with cancer. Within just a couple of days I had several responsed from ladies who either knew where they could get some, or who had some in their stash that they would part with. I would like to send a huge thank you to auntpiggylpn who not only knew where it was available, but bought it and mailed it to me as a donation to the project. I would also like to thank Favorite Fabrics, Connie M., girlsfour, usmomlovemc, scakes and gypsylady5 who all offered suggestions where I might find it, offered to get it for me, or offered it from their stash. And a special thanks to all those who offered prayers for little Sunni. Here is a photo of the completed quilt. It has no batting and is tied instead of quilted at the request of the person who asked me to make it. (Something to do with not added extra weight to the finished blanket.) The white squares are for the doctors and nurses to sign. Thanks again and I hope to post a photo of her with the quilt letter.<o></o
[ATTACH=CONFIG]305743[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 072revised.jpg