Thread: Darn bills..
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
sewellie

I just had knee surgery 3 weeks ago. I have not sewed this much for as long as I can remember. My husband moved my sewing machine to the front room on a card table. I had this planned beforehand and had all my projects at my fingertips. I could walk with a walker after the first few days, so I could go to the sewing room and get what I needed and husband would bring it to the front room on a little stand so I could reach it. I propped my foot up on a stool and went to town. I'd sew for 15 minutes or so and then get in my recliner and rest for awhile. Then after an hour or so, back at it again. I could really like get to like this lifestyle. I work from my home, but took a month off and have been so glad that I did. Make the most of what you can. Just remember to not overdo it take good care of yourself. You may not be able to do this, but just wanted you to know what I did. I realize it's not for everyone that has had surgery, but it worked for me.

I can't afford to buy fabric either, so I just sew small projects that I can use from my scraps. Works for me. Good luck, I hope you won't have anymore pain. (I hope I won't either). Life is good.
Blessings.