Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
I have a BabyLock Quilters Choice Pro with a 9" throat, on a 10' quilting frame, and I quilt up to 100x100 quilts with it. I do find that I have to keep my motifs at about 5" on the larger quilts, otherwise I run out of space when I get to the last few rows. If I am just doing FMQ or smaller than 5" pantograph motifs on larger quilts, or am quilting smaller quilts, it works fine. I bought it second hand a few years ago, and I am perfectly happy with it. I rarely have a problem with thread, tension or anything, except for Operator Error, which happens when I am too tired!! :-)
Wow Janice, 100x100 on a machine with a 9" harp space rolled on a quilting frame! You don't have to flip the quilt and re-pin and roll to finish that size quilt under a 9" harp space? I will quit complaining about my 16" harp space! I have not had a problem with the 16", but sometimes I think it would be nice to have a larger harp space - you know the old thing about always wanting more, never satisfied with what we have! I need to just be thankful I have the 10' table and 16" head I know! You just chastised me into a little humble pie!

Nancy