Old 01-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Feathers

Default Donation Quilts for Boys

Our quilt group makes and donates several dozen quilts each year to our local DHS foster care program for foster kids; quilts for the elderly; and quilts for our local Veteran's home and we make small quilts for our animal rescue shelter. We usually make pieced quilts that use up our scraps and are pretty much gender neutral??? We've also made lots of the flannel rag quilts that go together quick and are nice and warm and comfy. We use a 10" size block, a 1 inch seam allowance that is then snipped to make the neat fringe around each block. Ri8ght now we are making pillow case dresses for Africa and Haiti and I've been kind of bothered that we are making dresses but what about the little boys??? I've asked our coordinator to check out what we can do to fill the needs for the boys. Thanks for this thread. I've enjoyed reading every post and love that you all make and donate your work to the less priviledged. Isn't it great to be on the "giving" end...much better than being the one who NEEDS the help. Good Job, keep up your caring, generous work.