View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Candela59

Default Indiana Women's Prison Charity Quilts

Some of you may already know that I've started making quilts for the Indiana Women's Prison. They have a nursery program there that allows expectant moms who have less than 18 months left to serve to keep their babies with them if they're born during their time at the prison. I saw a wonderful documentary about this prison and it inspired me to make quilts for these babies.

I recently posted a request for any baby fabrics that members might wish to part with. I was overwhelmed with the response!

I'm going to try to post some of the quilts that I sent off at the end of 2011. I'm busy working on more quilts at this time. I've got at least 6 to go before I am sure everyone who is there right now will receive a quilt for their baby. I hope I can manage to get these pics posted...cross your fingers!
Attached Thumbnails 2011-wee-ones-1.jpg   2011-wee-ones-2.jpg   2011-wee-ones-3.jpg   2011-wee-ones-4.jpg   2011-wee-ones-5.jpg  

Last edited by Candela59; 01-24-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Finally figured it out!