View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Yep...I find most QS's have some type of snob working behind the desk...They do want you to purchase thru them because most are paid on small salary and mostly comissions on machines sold...And yes, all dealers will tell you why their machines are the best. Most dealers if you buy from them give free classes and discounted quilt classes. Also 10 percent off on supplies if you buy for class.
I've even run into shop owners who are fabric snobs...I do allot of scene applique and have asked shops why they don't carry more fabric such as people, villages, towns, trees, water, sky etc...And the answer is "Well your looking for Country and we only carry Contemporary fabrics...And they way they say it...it's like Country design has a disease...Well, excuse me..You fabric snob...Let me move on to somewhere that appreciates my money.
well, it is THEIR shop and they can choose what they want to sell! Some only sell batiks, some only sell THimbleberries...just depends on their customer base! Does not make them snobs...just secure business owners!