View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 PM
ncredbird

Well, what I have noticed from those of you who have commented that you feel in a slump is that you are from states that tend to be dark and dreary in the winter. I used to feel this way when we lived in Oregon. By the middle of Feb I would have to force myself to get out of bed in the morning when all I wanted to do was stay under the covers in the fetal position. That was the extreme. It crept up in little increments. I had 4 small children to take care of and it was a big problem. Then DH got a job transfer to AZ. It never happened again. Sounds like you all would benefit by getting some light on your retinas! Read up on Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). There is light therapy that you can do at home that will alleviate the blahs and get those creative juices flowing again. If you find it gets worse as each dark day passes it is a good bet that this could be the issue. With some bright warm light and some exercise it should ease. Best of luck. It took me 20 years before I figured this one out. Ann