View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
DawnFurlong

Thank you for the Goodwill tip, I'll have to look there. A bit afraid to start with one that looks like it probably needs rewiring off the bat - but such a good deal - worth thinking about! I am in North Texas. Wish I could go on a road trip. That's okay, if this one doesn't work out, somewhere in the future one will. I think I have asked enough questions to get a good idea of some of the differences between the 301, the 201 and the 15-91 (which is the one I prefer).

Thank you all for the additional info on FMQ! I do mostly stippling - but that is because I am comfortable with it, so have gotten faster. However, I do want to branch out to other things. Which will take more practice, and will also require me to go slower than stippling. I do have an almost king sized quilt top complete, have the batting and backing, ready to sandwich. Not ready to tackle it on my current machine though. But aside from that, I would say most of my quilts will probably be of the lap top variety, with an occasional larger quilt (such as - I know I want to make myself a Christmas themed quilt - so that will be another queen to king size).