View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Honeynga

I have posted similar issues....I think I've gotten myself overwhelmed with wanting to do so much and not accomplishing hardly anything ! I've taken a break from quilting and have been knitting feverishly; am making my "lists" of things to do in the next few days and one is to re organize my stash/cutting room; I've already grouped some fabrics in 2 gal plastic bags and labeled them with what I want to accomplish. I know for certain that I'm affected by the long dark nights.....I'm not one to stay in bed if it is sunlight out; but find myself ready to go to bed before 8 pm and staying there until 7:30.....NOT ASLEEP MIND YOU, just can't get up ! My other issue is that I'm almost 65, have had some health issues, live alone and am maybe more than "mildly" depressed; but I'm working on that ! Today has been an awesome day because I finally made the decision to adopt a cat from the local shelter; has not been a quick decision because I can't make decisions ! Got my little buddy today and he is awesome; he came in, been checking out everything and purring as he goes ! He even laid down by my feet and rolled over so I could scratch his belly ! I chose to adopt not the pretty calico but the little gray and white striped little fella that has a severely deformed ear !

Too,I'm going to a Bible study in the a.m. that is 8 weeks in duration and that will MAKE me attend because I'm not a quitter when I make commitments to others.....now my commitments to my quilting and knitting are other stories !

I really think when "we" are in this funk it is meant to be; stay in bed, don't get dressed, nuture your inner self and then one day you will wake up ready to go ! When I'm in this funk folks can talk to me till they turn blue in the face but until your heart and your soul want to do it you just can't !

Hang in there; don't overwhelm yourself with what you think ought to be done.....just enjoy yourself and if it means spends days repotting your plants, GO for it !