Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
kathdavis

Originally Posted by eastermarie View Post
I want to do the 10 minute block that was recently shown on this board by Suzanne McNeil. However I would like my finished block to be 12" so I can quilt a feathered wreath in each block that is 11.5" The quilt will be 7 blocks by 8 blocks. I have 58 different FQ of beautiful fall batiks in..greens, orange-rust, golds, & reds-burgundy. For the diamond in the middle of each block I plan on using the batik- Gardenia- it is a pale yellow based neutral. Whic would be the best way to set the blocks:

1. make all 4 of the blocks in the 12" big block different colors

2. make both sets of the diagonal blocks in the 12" big block different colors (only 2 colors, not counting the diamond
in the middle)

3. make all 4 of the blocks in the 12" big block the same color

I have been thinking on this since last Wed. I need some fresh input, PLEASE!

I have done the 10 minute block in several ways. One of them the four squares were the same color and the center square was the same brown in each block. This was the back side of my D9 patch.

In another one I used different bright colors for the four squares and the center square was also different in each block. This was the back side of my Around the World.

In the black and white one, I made the 10 minute blocks in three different sizes, all with the center square being black and the other squares in different black and white fabric. It is a king size.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5030.jpg   100_5123.jpg   macks-quilt-4-.jpg   macks-quilt-5-.jpg