View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Highmtn

Elliegirl...
I waited years and years to buy a super n-i-c-e digital sewing machine with moderate bells and whistles, but even when I thought about taking the plunge the Bernina dealer was very cautious NOT to shove me into something that was more then I needed or wanted. Also, I bought local because I had been buying fabric from this quilting store for a long time and I wanted to support her business (she was super nice).

Another friend of mine was very tight on funds, and she got a super nice Janome off of Overstock.com for $100.00 (refurbished). She has sewn up a storm with that little gem.

To this day.. I keep my original 1977 Kenmore sewing machine proudly in reach. I get it serviced and I still love it after allll these years! It's a little work horse, and I don't pay any attention to ANY ONE pulling the "brand snobbery" snub if I happen to take it to a class.

A shop owner that's haughty or rude runs off good shoppers. I wouldn't spend my money anywhere that had that type of atmosphere. Tooo many good appreciative FUN quilt shops around.