View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:40 AM
cmw0829

I bought two new machines last year. (Spent my annual bonus on ME for a change.) I didn't buy any of them from my local dealer where I had expressed an interest in one of them. Why? Because my local dealer's "rock bottom" prices on both machines were way higher - near retail - than the prices quoted by two other dealers and there was no room to negotiate even though three other dealers within an hour's drive were selling at a lower price.

I was scheduled for a demo class for one of the machines that I had to cancel and get back a small deposit I'd put on a machine I eventually decided not to buy. My DH did this for me and told them that HE had purchased the machine on teh spur of the moment as a surprise for me. Not true, but he was fearful that they would be mad that I didn't buy from them.

Well, next time my DH and I went into that store, you wouldn't believe the dirty looks we received. If looks could kill. I did recently - after nine months - go back and was treated better but I will always feel uncomfortable there.

Sad that they can't understand that long term they'll make a lot more money on me from my purchase of fabrics, notions, class materials etc. than they'd have made on the machine.