Old 01-25-2012, 07:20 AM
rwquilts

Jacquie, welcome, welcome!!! I believe you and I were in the Farmer's Wife Swap together? I paper pieced all those blocks and could also be termed a "PPing junky"! I think most of us will naturally send blocks with paper on as it's easier! I haven't had a bad experience with papers off as you have had. I've made a note by your name in case I get any blocks without papers on and others can read your post and have some good information. Thank you for sharing!
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I am a PPing junky....and would LOVE to join as I also LOVE mini's...but in PPing, especially this small, you really need to leave the paper on to keep it all secure! I used to own a miniature paper piecing group and one time we swapped with maker's choice and it was a nightmare! The blocks don't travel well and they easily pull apart when trying to put them together into anything. Even with stay stitching the outer edge. They really need to have the paper left on!

another site for free patterns is paperpanache, but they are pretty complicated!
By the way, does anyone have pictures of what you might be working on? Just curious...not trying to push!