View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:29 AM
DawnFurlong

Okay, so heard back from the owner of the original machine/cabinet I posted about - and it's still available!!! I am going to see it after work, take it for a test drive (she said she'd have it plugged in, has a lot of fabric). I will take some of my own fabric as well, plus a quilt sandwich.

I am excited, yet very nervous at the same time. I am thinking that if I go with this machine - then I will need to put off buying the Brother PQ1500 machine I was planning on getting next month. I can't justify buying multiple machines. So, I feel pressure that I need to know that this machine is "right" for what I need it to do. I believe that the stitching will not be an issue. It is the FMQ part/harp space that I need to be sure of. I feel like I need to know if I go with this machine - then I am committing to being able to FMQ my almost king quilt top (110 x 110). And I am already very nervous about that anyway! I am worried about starting it - and then wanting to shoot myself when I become frustrated with trying to manipulate the bulk in my machine. I have about half decided though that I will cut my batting in thirds and work with it that way, which I am trying to assure myself will be of big help!!

Also, speed could be an issue. I am stippling on a lap quilt right now. And - so wishing I could go faster. I could handle faster at this point - but am already going pedal to the metal. And I am finding it quite boring to sit for very long meandering along. Which partly I am thinking - time to move on with my FMQing skills - and venture past meandering!! But all the same - I need to be sure I am happy with whatever speed I find this machine goes (I have a Janome MC4800 right now).

I feel much pressure to get this right!