Thread: Paper peicing
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 AM
kellen46

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Val in IN View Post
You can use tissue gift wrapping paper (very inexpensive), copy paper (depending on the size of the project you are paper piecing), old phone books (again, depending on your project size), etc. I use tissue paper. usually I cut it to copy paper size, run it through my printer and away I sew. Good luck learning this new method! Once you get the hang of it, it gets addictive!
All these ideas will work just fine. I just did the spider web quilt....I also did not want to buy a new template or special paper. I used el cheapo white tissue from the dollar tree and a kite shaped template I already had. However I could have made a template to size if I had needed to. I used scraps from the bin with some pale yellow for the kite pieces. I have known some to use old newspaper as well. My blocks came out larger than MQC and that is OK with me. I don't like to pay more for a charm pack only to toss most of it in a scrap bin. As for all white...I can cut up white fabric just fine on my own. Once you get your kite pieced sized you can determine the size of the HST you want to use. I used a glue stick to anchor the kite piece in the center and then just grabbed from a pile of left over strips of scrap fabric. I went fine and the tissue stays on till you need to remove it. The only thing is, paper dulls the needle so you may need to change it when the blocks are all done.