View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 AM
quiltmau

my BFF got me into quilting-I didn't know if I would like it-silly me!-so I bought an inexpensive ($500 marked down to $150) Singer from Costco. When I went to the LQS for instruction on quilting-not the machine-I was put down for my "noisy mechanical machine" and that the instructor was not used to the "noise" my machine made. Yes, it was noisier that the computer models there, but not that much more. I tried for 2 classes at $40 a piece and then said "screw it!!" I was made to feel like an outsider and a poor relation because I did not have the 'fancy' machines.

I have since bought a Babylock Symphony (from a dealer and hour and a half away from me) and love it. I, however, do not go back for quilting instruction. I come here to the board for ideas and help. I find that the questions asked are answered without the 'attitude' I found at the LQS.

I have since also found that the fabric is the same if I buy it at $11-$15 at the LQS or $7-$9 at MSQ or fabric.com! Needless to say I buy from the internet. No hassle and no attitude!

Thank you for the great people on this board