Thread: Paper peicing
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
fireworkslover

I've done many PP quilts and have learned easier ways as I've gone along. I no longer use regular paper and sew thru the paper, resulting in many long hours to pick that paper off my block. I now use freezer paper. You can buy it in precut 8.5" X 11", print your pattern w/ your printer or draw it yourself. Each freezer paper block is reusable about 5 - 8 times and then the plastic side is no longer able to stick to your fabric when you iron it. Cut out your block leaving 1/4" all around outside edge of pattern. Then crease along all the sew lines on the pattern. I use a postcard edge to fold the paper over onto and get a good crease. Iron your first piece wrong side to the freezer paper. I hold them both up to a light & look thru to make sure the fabric is covering the space, carefully place on ironing surface and press. Then fold back on the first sew line, trim the fabric w/ your 1/4" sa or 1/8"sa. Place your strip for the second piece right sides to the first, pin if needed. Bring to sewing machine and sew right next to the folded freezer paper. Press seam like regular, flip over and press from the freezer paper side, fold 2nd sew line back, trim previous sa, line up next strip of fabric and con't. It works so slick and no paper to pick out at the end. I know you can find other tutes about using freezer paper on here as well as on U Tube.