View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Georgia girl

Default Microwave Bowls - Thanks Belmer

I just wanted to thank Belmer for her great tute. I made 15 bowls for Christmas presents and myself. Everyone loved them and everyone needs one. They are great!
I know there are lots of animal lovers on this site and for a while now I have felt like the Lord was calling me to help homeless animals. One night while laying in bed the idea came to me to make these bowls and donate them to our local shelter.
The bowls I made for Christmas I quilted the way Belmer shows in her tute, but now I have started joining the fabric and batting together with a large X. This allows me to string pieces together and saves lots of time. Then I finish them the way the tute shows except I add a small heart in the center bottom. This hold the 2 sides together and marks the bowl bottom. Some hearts look pretty good while other are a not so good. They represent the animals' hearts in need - some have greater needs.
I took 15 bowls to our shelter last week and have been giving some to friends and relatives in hopes the word will get out about how neat they are. I have dreams that maybe one day we will have to start a Microwave Bowl Bee ( like a quilting bee ) to keep up with the demand. I have 30 more ready to give to the shelter. If you would please remember this project in your prayers. Thanks. Kay

P.S. It is a great way to use up your stash!
Attached Thumbnails microwave-bowl-heart.jpg   microwave-bowls-3.jpg