View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM
paintmejudy

Been there, done that ... way too many times LOL

I take a little scrap of the fabric and attach it with Liquid stitch. Trim when dry. You don't even know it is there. If you hope tha the 1/4" will cover it, it will still be skimpy at the center and might pull out.
Originally Posted by DawnFurlong View Post
Okay, I think I am going to like paper piecing! I have made 1/4th of my Delaware star. I noticed that somehow I managed to nick off the edge of a piece though. Can't figure how I did that, but it is a straight cut across. I am thinking that it might be within the 1/4 inch though, so that that section is salvageable by the time I join the pieces together for the whole block? If not, I do have a few ideas floating around as to how to fix it (that do not involve taking apart the block). I am using scraps of fabric, so do not have enough to redo it, and I have all of the pieces cut for the rest of the block, so would like to salvage if I can. I have attached a picture (paper is curling a bit, it is rainy here - which is why the one piece looks wonky/curling).[ATTACH=CONFIG]306118[/ATTACH]