Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
dublb

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
I don't use the card stock for my templates. I will draw the design onto freezer paper and then before cutting out, I layer 2-3 layers of freezer paper. It will become quite stiff. When I am ready to draw the circles, the freezer paper can be pressed into place and will stay put until I have basted (as in yo-yos). I often had trouble keeping the regular templates centered. If the freezer paper does not get soaked with spray starch or sizing, they will last thru several circles.

Funny thing. My friend, Cindy and were on a shopping trip today to purchase fabrics for our Quilts of Valor. We had planned lunch and I was going to demo the back basting method to her. She is a beginner at applique. At the LQS, I had to purchase the Clover white pen and the shop owner asked how it worked. Since I had demo stuff ready in the car, we brought it in and did the demo at the shop. I guess the shop owner was impressed with the method and has asked me to teach a class on it. Now, I need to get my ideas together and speak with her again. My question to you all, is how much should be charged for a 1-1/2 to 2 hour class? I covet your answers and suggestions; thanking in advance.
Awesome!