View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:34 PM
DawnFurlong

Ok, so I came home with my new sewing machine! She sure is pretty. I'll have to think of a name for her. Never named a sewing machine, but this one will have a name. I think she will work wonderfully for what I bought her for. Am also already really liking the knee lift thingy.

I found a pdf of the manual online (that was the only thing her previous owner didn't have). I see how to thread her, wind bobbin, put the bobbin thread in.

Not sure about her tension. Seems no matter what I do, I can see some of my bobbin thread on top. The stitches seemed fine when testing. But then we lowered the feed dogs to test that out, I did adjust the presser foot pressure, did adjust the tension. And now - can't seem to get that quite right.

Also, it seems like the stitches may be slightly to one side? I am used to this being the way the seams look on my other machines, just wanted to be sure it was right for this one. I have posted 2 pictures below. I have natural colored thread in the top, pink in the bobbin. Not sure what else to adjust. It doesn't seem to matter where I move the tension dial (manual indicated to adjust the tension with the presser foot down, so I am doing that). Have tried messing with the presser foot pressure as well.

Suggestions for this newbie with a vintage machine?
Attached Thumbnails front-fabric-natural-thread.jpg   back-fabric-pink-bobbin-thread.jpg