View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:07 PM
margecam52

I was told the same thing about my SE270D (disney machine)...it's similar to yours. I took it to a different dealer when we moved here to TX...the dealer said Brother would not let dealers sell these machines...not because they are mass produced (all machines are mass produced...that's a copout)...but because the company wants dealers to sell the higher end machines only. This tech/dealer said my little Disney machine was one of the best & easiest to work on he has seen. I love my little machine...though I now have a 2nd embroidery/sewing machine (Futura CE150)...and like the larger hoop...I love the Brother for sewing...it cuts the thread, it has a cartridge for the top thread..and it really does thread the needle for you.

Don't worry about people putting your machine down...it's a great machine...all the brother machines I have owned have been good machines. Don't forget though...use either 60 or 90 wt bobbin thread only in the bobbin for embroidery...yep...had to have my disney machine timed 3x before I figured that one out...finally read the manual!

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
I bought a Brother SE400 from Amazon. It's a combination embroidery/sewing machine and it was on sale. I called a local sewing shop about classes and told them my machine. The woman commented about my machine being mass produced (isn't everything mass produced) so they don't sell the machine and I would have to pay $50 for the class. No problem and I attended the class today. My machine was the simplest one there and the only one a combination machine. During the class again it was mentioned about mass produced vs dealer. What's the difference and is there an "attitude" about buying machines online or at stores other than sewing stores?