Old 01-25-2012, 08:11 PM
DawnFurlong

Default new to me Singer 15-91 - need help getting thread tension right

I just became the proud owner of a Singer 15-91 tonight. This is my first vintage machine. Seemed to be in good order when I sewed on her before buying. Stitches looked right. Then tried FMQ, adjusted the tension, that seemed right. But since coming home and re-threading her, I can't get the tension right for anything. I have been sewing lines for the past couple of hours making the most minor adjustments, still can't get it right. And then when I try to go back where it was last good - it isn't good anymore.

I downloaded a manual online. I feel like I have it threaded property. I am attaching a couple of pictures of what it was doing earlier. Natural color thread on top, pink thread is the bobbin.

Since then, I went through a spell where the pink thread on the bobbin was just straight. Now back to where the pink bobbin thread looks better on the back, but the top isn't quite right. Not sure what to do next.

I think I am going to absolutely love her - just hoping I can get the kinks worked out.

Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails front-fabric-natural-thread.jpg   back-fabric-pink-bobbin-thread.jpg