View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 PM
JanTx

Default Baby quilt - Flynn Frame quilting

My husband gave me a Flynn quilting frame for Christmas. Don't know where he even learned of such a thing since I didn't even know about it. I make quite a few baby quilts so this small size is perfect for the frame as it comes. You buy larger tubes to make larger quilts. I've done nothing except Stitch Near a Ditch and Cross Hatching before, but want so badly to be able to do more. This is a start... I'm reserving judgment - it has a multi-step set up, but sure keeps the sandwich pieces nice and tight. You can quilt in only a narrow area before you have to stop and roll it forward a bit, but it's not hard to roll it so ... don't know yet.

I started out with 3 1-yard pieces which should have made the top and backing, but added the bright pink backing since I didn't like the way the yellow looked on the back. The backing is pulled over for the binding. It's probably 36" by 45 inches - perhaps a bit larger than that. Got the fabric off a sale table at a quilt shop we were visiting - $4/yd. Nice way to be able to make donation quilts!

The pattern is from the Quilts for Kids site.

(At first I was hoping the pics would show up large enough so you could see the quilting, but now I'm hoping it doesn't! What will be clear is that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I know a little girl in foster care - where my quilts go - will just love it!)
Attached Thumbnails dsc02042.jpg   dsc02043.jpg   dsc02044.jpg