View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 PM
BARES

Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
I don't think it was the price of a class but the low class of someone who would talk down to the owner of a machine she didn't consider worth buying. Some people can get very biased about what they're selling and don't realize that at some point that very person might just consider buying what they're selling. We all have to start somewhere and my somewhere 20 yrs ago is what I'm using today. Good luck on your purchase. I'm sure you will be very happy with it. Get what you can out of the class and then go somewhere else if you need more help.
I thought this also. I read a post a few days ago about a woman who bought a machine and while she didn't actually apologize for it not being top of the line, she did seem a little defensive. I think we all need to remember that we buy what we can afford at the time. If we all waited for money for top of the line, none of us would have ever started quilting. Personally, if the machine works and it is all you can afford, buy it! If you lose interest in quilting, then you haven't invested a lot and can pass it on. If you love it and wear out your machine, then you can upgrade. Please never apologize for not being able to immediately afford something expensive. We all have budgets.