View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Monroe

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. There's NO excuse for such rudeness to customers! Reminds me of the scenes in Pretty Woman when she is treated like trash at a dress shop, then goes back when transformed and says "Huge Mistake" and flaunts the sales they lost out on. Back in the late 80's I took my 1st quilting classes, and though the LQS didn't sell machines there were several unfriendly comments about my "old" '76 Kenmore- by teacher and classmates. It bugged me, and I didn't take any more classes. Moved upstate, and about 2 years ago I took a class on beginning FMQ using my Brother CS6000i- never learned a thing. Instructor spent her time newbies how to thread and put feet on their fancy Bernina machines, and again there were snide potshots. There are a few "machine elitists" in the Guild I joined, and much worry about damaging expensive machines hauling them to and from sewing sessions. My machine is very light, has 60 stitches, table and many feet included in the package, and didn't cost as much as a car! Bought it used from another quilter. Still have the Kenmore that I use to teach some newbie sewers at a charity group. No one should be intimidated- sewing isn't brain surgery. Love the old metal machines- much more sturdy, and easier to maintain without the expense of a mechanic!