Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 AM
jnfmd14412

Default New A-1 longarm quilter...my first quilts!

I got my A-1 longarm quilting machine a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it! I started a year and a half ago with a Juki on a Grace frame to get my feet wet...Soon realized all the limitations, but was then comfortable enough to go out there and test drive all the machines at the quilting show in Houston in November. For me, there was no comparison... the A-1 had the least vibration, was the quietest, the smoothest, and had great control for small work. Also, the simplicity of the whole set up is really nice.

Anyway, I have been practicing and quickly finished my first quilt which was a western themed throw that my sister had pieced. I was really happy with how well that turned out. No tension or thread issues. I have several quilt tops waiting and launched into one using Sandy Gervais fabrics and incorporates squares from one of her panels. This one will be a wall hanging. Again, love, love the new machine. No techinical problems...my husband and sister are amazed at how good they look...I got to admit I am too! You can see the pictures at my album jnfmd14412. Off to more quilting!