View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I do it because , if I did a block that is only 6 inches finished but had 30 or more pieces , and lots of matching points , the chances of all of them coming out "quilt worthy" are very slim. It is the single best way to ensure accuracy , especially when bias edges are involved.
I have done projects that never in my right mind would I attempt without paper piecing.
Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
Accuracy and nice sharp points that match up!! Hard as I try, I cannot for the life of me make a straight log cabin block without it being paper pieced! I can start with perfectly cut strips and I sew with a perfect 1/4" seam (well, I think it is perfect!) and the darn thing will always come out wonky and skewed.
Lori & Aunt Piggy - you took the words right off my keyboard!
I could measure and remeasure and cut with utmost accuracy, then sew so slow that I might as well be hand stitching and I would still get mismatched seams and points. I try to turn most things I attempt into a paper piecing project because it makes me look like I know how to quilt!

Christine, I see what you mean by the "Wow' - Wow! Murphy & MaryKatherine, Wow! too! Those are each gorgeous and very different examples that really show how many diverse uses paper piecing has!