Thread: Pass the Block
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 AM
jigs1354

Hi, Donna, how are you doing? I was reading the post to Robert and you mentioned that ordering fabrics on line you have to order 1 yards, Here are a couple places you can order from and you can get 1/2 yards. www.Homespun Hearth.com. This place sell remnant too plus 1/2 yds. They have wonderful fabrics plus lay away too. Keep going back to check prices & sales like I do. The next one www.fabrics.com, I have ordered from them for years. Always having sales also 1/2 yards. All 3 of these places have fat quarters. Another place I order from is www.keepsake quilting.com. this one carry fabric cut outs (I got Scotties, flowers & leaves, animals, so cute) and have lots of sales on all the time from their website. Take a look.
How have you been? I have been very busy and in 3 swaps, one is the lap quilt, then the other two are just blocks.
I finally got how to cruise this site, took me awhile though. I want to thank you for your help you sent to me.
How is the back doing? Hope it's better.
Also my DH & I started making Fabric Boards to sell on the quilting sites. I had him cut me some then liked them so much that I told him we should offer these for sale. I'm going to post pictures of mine this week end. Ours are way cheaper than anyone else offering them at one time. We only have 2 sizes for now to get started.The 2 sizes we have are 7X10-25 boards-$35.00 and the other size is 6X9-25 boards-30.00. We are offering free shipping in the USA. I've checked them out years ago and WOW!! were they expensive. These are Acid free/Archival safe, won't yellow, get moldy or fall apart or harm your fabrics. Also what I do is take 1 project and wrap all the fabric on 1 board + pin the pattern on the front fabric. This way I don't loose the fabric or use it for something else, which I've done many times. The 7X10 I have 6 yards on 1 board, with a sticky note of how much fabrics on each board. Gives me inventory of what I have and easy to find. I stagger each yard with about 2" between each fabric so I see it all. The 6X9 I have up to 3 yards on that, plus 8 fat quarters on another, bindings on another that are cut & pressed to stay nice. Also the 6X9 holds 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and really is awesome to have some of my fabrics being cleaned up and not having to buy more of some color that gets lost in my messy piles, isn't pretty, if you know what I mean. LOL
PM me if your interested in the fabric boards or anyone else.
Take care sweetie,
Shirley