View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 AM
auniqueview

Default Can I buy your car scam

I had just gotten out of the shower, and was dressed only in a skimpy robe. I had just started to sit down to my computer and a cup of coffee when the doorbell rings. Oh great. I really didn't want to answer it dressed like that. But...I went to the door, four barking and howling dogs already there, opened it about 4 inches and peered around it. YES?

Do you want to sell your car? My car is a 1995 Olds Royale with handicap plates on it and a SUPPORT DOG ON BOARD sign on the rear end. Why would anyone want a 17 year old car, and why would they think I would want to sell? I told him no, shut the door, and looked out the window thru the drapes. He walked down my drive and got into a white pick-up. Hmmm.

Seems this pair has been doing the whole area, ringing bells, asking if they want to sell cars, vans, etc. They also seem to have taken bags of cans from one persons yard that were being gathered for the recycler scrap people. The police must have been called, since they went by twice yesterday that I know of. My neighbor told me to not answer the door anymore, because the police were warning about a pair working where one tried to get you out the front and the other came in the back.

As Mr. T always said....I pity the fool. Lol. I never answer the door without my little friend, the .38. I have been aware of the idiots who like to do home invasions for years. And now, I will be watching for this pair in their white pick up to drive by again....and get the licence number.

The neighbors around here don't really socialize much, but we do keep an eye out on each other's house, and anyone out of place gets looked over pretty closely. I have a suspicion that the police will be rounding this pair up soon.